Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
We have compiled a list of the top online bookmakers in Iceland, based on the quality of their services and bonuses.
Iceland, with its beautiful landscapes, is a great place to visit. The people of Iceland, who are not allowed to gamble due to the laws in their country, have access to some of the world’s top slot games. This means that punters can choose whichever brand they prefer. The betting options available for Icelandic sports fans are plentiful, but the best sites also allow you to bet on other aspects of life. So it’s up to you to find which brand suits your style of play.
The best online betting sites in Iceland
Iceland is a country where many people visit when they want to gamble, although it is not yet regulated. In addition to online betting, Icelanders have access to land-based slots. Although there are no casinos yet in Iceland, those who are visiting or living there can use slot halls. Let’s take a look at everything else you need to know about wagering in Iceland.
|100% up to €122|
If you’re interested in betting on sports and want to find a top-rated sportsbook, look no further than 22bet. The latter is known for its strong reputation in the online gambling industry thanks to its large selection of betting markets, features, and some of the highest odds. It also has a casino section, bingo games, TV games and more. What’s even more interesting is that 22bet has a fully-fledged mobile app with a good customer support team.
|Welcome OfferFortuneJack No Deposit Bonus|
FortuneJack is one of the best cryptocurrency betting platforms. It's minimalistic design appeals to loads of punters in Iceland, which is why it is among the most popular brands. Although it's mainly known for its sports betting platform, FortuneJack also offers a casino. It even offers a category called “Provably Fair” – an experience that few other sites can offer (and one that users will find hard to forget).
Although it may appear like an ordinary gaming operator, Unibet is home to many popular types of betting sections. It has an attractive sportsbook and latest casino games, bingo and poker. The platform also offers a section called “Games” where punters can bet from their hand. The fact that people can bet from their hand makes this the go-to option for many Iceland punters.
People who want to bet online in Iceland often visit Betsson, one of the leading iGaming operators. The site offers a wide range of betting options and has several payment options to make sure that punters don't need to worry about making deposits or withdrawals. Another thing that some users take for granted on Betsson is customer support. Even though you may have to wait a few minutes for an answer, your request will be handled quickly by the people who work in this department.
|Welcome OfferBet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets|
Bet365 is a reputable international iGaming operator. It's accessible in many countries, so it knows what people want. The sportsbook, casino section, and poker category are fully-fledged. In addition to its betting sections, Bet365 offers many attractive features that make it easy for punters to settle bets earlier and watch matches in real-time. This means they can also try some promotions that work only if you wager on a specific sport.
Iceland Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
The most popular bonuses in Iceland are deposit promotions, cashback, free spins, free bets and accumulator boosts. Some betting sites in the country offer access to all these offers, but many legal betting sites do not.
Before deciding which reward to accept, make sure you find out what the conditions of each offer are. The details are important and you should always read them before choosing an offer.
Iceland Bookmakers Comparison
Online betting operators in Iceland compete against each other. However, unlike other European countries, Iceland is a small nation. Therefore, betting sites have to compete for every new client.
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Bet Builder
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Request a Bet
- Virtual Sports
While some brands are more popular than others, there is no shortage of betting companies in Iceland. In other words, most companies that operate there have enough customers.
The Features And Options Offered by Icelandic Bookmakers
Icelandic Bookmakers offer betting features and options. Here are some of them:
Cash Out is an option that appears on your betting slip when you place a bet. It allows you to settle your bets before the event you have wagered on ends. Bookies may offer partial Cash Outs, or else give you the option of setting up an automatic Cash Out so that you can stop playing if you win more than what you had staked.
Even though this feature is not accessible all the time, Bet Builder might come in handy. This calculation tool can be used to determine how much you could win if you bet on a particular horse.
Iceland is a country that likes sports. Therefore, sportsbook operators need to provide exciting features to improve their betting experience. One of them is live betting, which allows users to place bets on current matches. This feature has opened the door to new markets, and it also provides better odds than those offered by other bookmakers.
Betting on sports has become increasingly popular in Iceland, so bookmakers have to make sure that their customers can watch live streams of the games they want. Live Streaming is not a direct advantage, such as Cash Out, but it does provide a very important benefit: people can see matches in real-time, allowing them to choose the best betting markets for each event.
Payment Options used By Iceland Bettors
There are many different ways to pay online in Iceland. You can use e-wallets, cryptocurrencies, credit/debit cards, or bank transfers. After reading the betting tips and choosing a bookie, you will have to make a deposit. Make sure you know all your payment options before placing any bets.
Many brands that operate in Iceland offer popular payment gateways to international clients. E-wallets, credit cards and digital currencies are most often accepted for deposits and withdrawals.
You can fund your account with Euros, Dollars, Pounds and other popular currencies.
It’s interesting to see that each iGaming brand has different limits for making a deposit or withdrawal. This is because some gaming sites might remove their limits once a given player fulfills their verification requirements.
Which Sports Do Punters in Iceland Bet On?
The following sports are popular in Iceland, and they are often popular in other European countries as well.
- Iceland has a long history of winning medals in international handball competitions. The Icelandic men’s national handball team has achieved impressive results in recent years.
- Most Icelanders are probably familiar with their country’s passion for football. Despite Iceland’s small size, the country’s national football team has qualified for some of the biggest events in the world, including the 2018 FIFA World Cup. If you’re interested in betting on the local league’s teams, then keep reading.
- Basketball is one of the most popular sports in Iceland. Although the country does not have as many NBA fans as it does football fans, basketball has a large fan base nonetheless. The national basketball team qualified for some of the biggest events in recent history.
- Gunnar Huseby, who became one of Iceland’s first international champions for Athletics, was instrumental in its popularity.The sport has many different markets and features that can be found in bookmakers throughout the country.
- The popularity of volleyball<.strong> in Iceland is no secret. In fact, it’s one of the most popular sports in the world so it makes sense that it’s available here. But you don’t need to travel abroad to place bets on local competitions. You can bet on your national women’s volleyball league or even see if your favorite team will win at home!
Can People in Iceland Access Online Casinos?
Yes, people in Iceland can access online casinos if they are based outside of the country’s jurisdiction. However, these sites can be accessed via a VPN or proxy server that allows people to access content that is not allowed in their location.
In Iceland, many iGaming operators offer several betting sections. One of them is the online casino. These companies work with several software companies to provide their clients with the best possible products. Online casinos offer a variety of slots, table games and casino games such as blackjack and roulette.
Is Mobile Betting in Iceland Popular?
Yes, mobile betting is popular in Iceland. Many people who use smartphones to make payments and access the internet use apps dedicated to mobile gambling. This enables them to place bets on sports, play casino games and more on the go.
If you want to bet using an iOS device, check the App Store and download the file you want from there. On the other hand, if you’re an Android user and want to use an application for that platform, chances are that it has already been available for some time in an apk file.
Although some betting sites in Iceland have mobile versions, they are not all the same. Some sites require you to install files. The good news is that these sites do not require you to install any files.
Is gambling illegal in Iceland?
The government of Iceland has a specific commission responsible for regulating all gambling activities within the country. It is known as the Iceland Financial Services Authority, and should regulate all gambling activities within the country. However, most of the online betting sites you will come across do not have a permit from it.
There are no specific laws governing online gambling in Iceland, which means that Icelanders have the freedom to choose from a multitude of iGaming operators. Some of them even offer Icelandic language channels and local currency deposits.
Facts about betting in Iceland
- Some bookmakers allow people to use their local currency, the Icelandic krona (ISK). This is a great feature because not every iGaming operator accepts ISK.
- Because Iceland does not have any specific laws regarding online betting sites, there is a variety of different websites to choose from.
- You have to be 18 years old in order to participate in any gambling activity.
- Though online betting has gained in popularity, some Icelanders prefer to participate in the Viking Lotto, which was created in 1993 and is considered one of the country’s most popular forms of lottery.
- It’s hard to find a casino in Iceland. That’s because the country doesn’t issue licenses for brick-and-mortar casinos.
Since Iceland is not interested in offering casinos, most bettors in the country are into sports. The most popular sport in Iceland is football, so people there prefer to use their smartphones for betting. Although almost everyone has a handheld device, younger users tend to bet with it more often than older ones do.
Is online betting legal in Iceland?
Iceland does not allow online betting, but citizens can access international iGaming operators.
Are there any taxes for players from Iceland on their winnings?
No taxes are applied to players’ winnings in Iceland.
Can I open an account and play in Iceland’s krona currency?
To play in Icelandic Krona (ISK), you must open an account with a brand that accepts ISK.
Are there any restrictions on wagering for Icelandic players?
Yes, Icelandic players may not gamble at land-based casinos.
How can I access gambling sites in Iceland?
To access an online casino in Iceland, you must first open the site on your computer or use a virtual private network before doing so.
Does Iceland have a casino?
Because casinos are illegal in Iceland, Iceland does not have a casino.