Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
Look at our table of the best bookmakers in Australia. They offer betting services on different sports, as well as a good customer service. You can sign up with your favorite bookie and have fun!
By limiting their market to Australia, international providers are forced to compete for customers with local companies. This means that punters who sign up with any Australian-licensed company know that they will be receiving high-quality services. Although Australia’s laws do not explicitly acknowledge that online sports betting is legal, customers still have more than enough opportunity to play online. Because online sports betting is safe and legal, there are a number of different sites that offer great betting opportunities on almost any sport imaginable.
It will take time for the Australian government to change their stance on online betting, but for now it is prudent for punters to remain vigilant about where they place their bets. Online gambling is booming in Australia and consumers can enjoy their pastime knowing that sites are reputable and safe.
The best online betting sites in Australia
Australia is a popular place for gamblers. Australians love to bet in brick-and-mortar casinos and on sports, but they can’t legally do it online. As a result, their market is smaller than other countries’ because Australians prefer to bet in physical locations. But since the competition is stiffer here too, we get the very best services from licensed companies.
|100% up to €130 Bonus|
1xBet is a leading online bookmaker with over 20 years of experience. For punters who live in Australia, they offer some of the best bonuses and promotions, as well as a wide variety of local and international sporting events to bet on.
|100% up to €122|
22Bet is a young but rapidly growing betting site. It has over 400,000 users and offers more than 1,000 daily sporting events. There's something for everyone at this site; non-sports bettors will enjoy the casino games too.
Betfair is Australia's top online betting site, based on the quality of their services and the variety of games offered. Although they don't offer casino games, they compensate by having a large selection of different sports, tournaments and types of bets.
Bonuses from Australian Bookmakers
Australian bookmakers offer a number of promotions and bonuses to their customers. Although there are no specific promotions for Australian bettors, punters can generally enjoy all the perks bestowed on overseas customers, regardless of the legality of online gambling in Australia.
Almost all sites offer lucrative sign-up bonuses. Some require a certain amount of initial deposit, while others match a customer’s first deposit dollar-for-dollar. The majority of bonuses are designed to match customer deposits, so if a customer deposits $1,000 into an account, they will be given $3,000 in return.
Returning players will often find bonuses for continued use of the sites, depending on the bookmaker in question. Some offer no deposit bonus offers or a percentage of your first deposit back.
Australian Bookmakers Comparison
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Bet Builder
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Bet Builder
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Request a Bet
- Virtual Sports
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
The illegal status of online gaming makes it difficult for Australian companies to operate in their local market. However, a few large conglomerates have made an effort to compete with offshore companies by offering in-person and online betting. Despite this small number of Australian companies, a monopoly does not exist. Players can still always choose to utilize the services of offshore companies if they are looking for something alternative that the local market doesn’t offer.
The features and options found in Australian bookmakers.
Australian betting sites are some of the most reputable in the world, and there is a good reason for that. These sites strive to provide their clients with innovative ways to bet and stay ahead of their competition by staying up-to-date on all trends in online betting. Some of the available betting features and options include:
Cash-out options let bettors leave a bet before the event has finished. This means that regardless of the final outcome, stakes can be withdrawn and paid out based on the odds at that moment. Specific sites such as Betfair also allow users to partially cash out or automatically cash out when odds reach a certain point.
Bet Builder This is sometimes referred to as a combination bet, but the premise is the same. If any of your bets lose, you lose everything. However, if they all win, you gain greater returns on your investment.
Live betting allows you to place bets at any time during a sporting event, making it easier for bettors to react to events in the game. The only problem is that if you participate in any form of in-play betting, you are breaking the rules and could get into serious trouble.
Betting sites will often offer live streaming, which allows users to watch a sporting event as it happens. This is an excellent way to watch international sporting events that might not be on your local TV stations.
Available Payment Methods
Australian online gambling sites accept a variety of methods for depositing and withdrawing money. Most sites will accept Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and Skrill (among others). These are instantaneous and free. Several sites offer e-wallets such as Bitcoin; however, these vary from site to site. Customers can also use bank transfers and bank wires; however, those options may take up to seven working days to complete.
Australian betting sites accept payments in AUD, but many will also accept international currencies such as USD, GPD, and the EUR. Although all Australian punters are welcome to use their bank accounts to deposit money, many international players prefer to deposit their funds in other currencies and then convert them into AUD before placing a bet.
Instant Withdrawal Betting Sites in Australia
Australia has a lot of online bettors, given that it’s home to one of the Grand Slam tennis events. Although sports betting is what dominates the local industry, casinos are also becoming popular options for those who want to bet online. Here are some sites where you can place bets without delay.
Which sports do Australia bettors favor?
There have been many different sports over the years, but some of them consistently attract bets. These include:
- Rugby is a popular sport in Australia, and the country’s national team regularly competes against other countries’ teams at international competitions. Punters love to bet on rugby games because they’re often close and exciting.
- Football is not Australia’s most popular sport, but punters still love to bet on it. With a large betting population and sites that guarantee a range of games and tournaments, there’s always something to bet on.
- Cricket is a popular sport in Australia, where Australians excel at both national and international levels. One of the most popular betting events for Australians is the Big Bash League, which is held every season. The Ashes are also very popular with punters and bettors around the world.
- With the NBA being the most popular league to bet on, basketball is becoming increasingly popular with Australian bettors. Sportsbooks like Sportsbet and CrownBet are offering full coverage of the NBA, including live streaming.
- Horse racing is one of the most popular sports in Australia, and the Melbourne Cup is its country’s most famous horse race. Many punters like to bet on their favourite horses, so they tune in to watch Australia’s biggest race every year.
- Tennis is another popular sport in Australia, with local tournaments such as the Australian Open and the Australian Open attracting many punters. International tournaments such as Wimbledon, the French Open and the US Open also attract a lot of interest from punters. All good betting sites offer extensive betting options on these popular games.
It is illegal for companies to offer casino-style games to Australian customers. Under the Interactive Gambling Act, this applies to all Australian companies, as well as international companies trying to target Australian players.
Despite the risk of punishment, online casinos continue to accept Australian players. Just as they do elsewhere in the world where online casinos are legal, customers have access to an extensive range of games and tools. However, there is no protection for victims of fraud if they become victims of fraud themselves.
Mobile Betting in Australia
All major online betting sites offer their services through mobile apps. These apps are usually free and can be downloaded to play wherever and whenever. The Australian government cannot stop companies providing these apps to players because there are few restrictions on the actual players, and Australians speak English, so the apps are no exception.
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still play on a mobile site. Sites often offer a mobile version of their site that offers the same experience as their desktop version but in a more convenient package for browsing and playing.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
Australians love to gamble, and they have been doing so for many years. However, they must abide by their country’s laws when it comes to online gambling.
In 2001, the Australian government passed the Interactive Gambling Act. This law made it illegal for Australian bettors to place bets on online gambling sites that were not registered in Australia. However, it did not affect bookmakers or punters who placed bets with an overseas bookmaker. The law is not considered watertight and several loopholes still allow bookmakers and punters to place bets online while they are in Australia.
Although Australia has national laws regulating gambling, each state is responsible for its own laws regarding gambling in that state.
Facts about Gambling in Australia
- The average Australian spends about $1,200 on gambling every year.
- One of the highest rates in the world, 80% of Australian adults have gambled at least once in their lives.
- Australia’s gambling industry generates over $18 billion in revenue every year.
- Although Australia has less than one-third of one percent of the world’s population, it has 20 percent of all the video gaming machines.
- Popular forms of gambling include Texas Hold’em poker, blackjack, and craps.
- An Australian gambler took the world’s largest casino scam to an extreme, getting away with $32 million.
The average Australian bettor is likely to be male and over the age of 50. He or she is also likely to be retired, as most Australians are some of the biggest bettors in the world. This makes them some of the biggest losers on the planet, but it’s not because they’re betting more often than anyone else. Lotteries are the most common form of gambling for Australians, followed by instant scratch tickets and electronic gaming machines.
Is online gambling legal in Australia? Let’s see.
In Australia, sports betting is legal. However, casino-style games, poker, and slots are prohibited. It is also illegal to place live bets on a sport.
How to choose the right Australian bookmaker?
When you’re looking to sign up to a betting site, it’s important to do thorough research to ensure that the site is safe and reputable. There are many great services available but finding the right bookmaker can be tricky because there are many different types of sites out there. Some sites only offer sports that you like and some offer a lot more features so it’s important to find one that works for you personally.
What are the top AFL betting sites in Australia?
1xBet and 22Bet are two of the best options for AFL bettors. SportsBet is another good option, offering odds on the sport for different state leagues, as well as the national championship.
Are there any restrictions on gambling by players in Australia?
Australian players may have some restrictions, including the Interactive Gambling Act. However, several online betting sites still serve Australian customers because of the popularity of their services.
What betting sites are available in Australia?
Will I be taxed?
The government does not tax players because gambling is not considered a legitimate profession. Companies are often taxed, but they should not pass these costs onto customers.