Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
We have compiled a list of the best betting sites for Croatian punters. You can read more about their bonus offers and how they rank in popularity among the Croatian market.
Croatia’s government has taken a more modern approach to legalizing gambling in the country. The first step was taken in 2017, when it legalized online gaming. If Croatia succeeds in licensing offshore operators, it will be on equal footing with other European countries. For Croatian bettors, that is the ideal solution.
The best online betting sites in Croatia
Croatia is a country that covers over 56,594 square kilometres and borders four countries: Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Its population is just under 4 million people.
Recognized as an independent state, Croatia has a long history of gambling. In this guide, we’ll look at the country’s laws and include information on its top 5 betting sites.
Campobet is a top-rated Croatian bookmaker owned and operated by the Tranello Group. Based in Cyprus, the brand offers live and pre-match sports betting for over 30 sport types. In addition to its generous sports coverage, Campobet also covers and provides favourable odds for over 700 markets. Represented by multiple software companies, the casino features popular games such as slots, jackpot and table games.
Librabet is a legal licensed bookmaker that has been operating since 2018. It was established by Araxio Development N.V., who focus on providing quality sports betting services to its clients. In football, it offers over 30 different markets and top leagues such as LaLiga and Serie A. In this respect, Librabet is one of the largest sports betting providers in the Curacao area. It also includes a casino and live casino gaming so players can enjoy their favorite games online or on mobile devices when they are not at home or working. The bookie's website also has a lot of exciting features such as tournaments, promotions and many more things that will make you enjoy your time with them even more than before!
Pinnacle has been operating for over 20 years and is a licensed, respected bookmaker with a reputation of trust throughout Europe. Over 1,000 events are covered monthly, including sports such as football, basketball and tennis. Pinnacle offers odds on more than 20 sports and includes player-friendly options for its customers. It offers an appointed live casino and an equally impressive online casino platform for mobile betting via their apps or website.
20Bet is a leading brand for sports betting in Croatia. The site offers a wide range of sports for live and pre-match betting, as well as casino, live casino, and other gaming options. Punters can choose from several software providers and will find slots, video poker, and more available on their mobile device or at the desktop.
|100% up to €200|
GGbet is one of the most established bookies on our list of Croatian betting sites. As an established bookmaking site, GG.bet has built a reputation as top-rated eSports bettig site. The GG.bet platform offers over 20 sports for punters to be on and includes hundreds of daily events. Available for pre-game and live betting, the bookie's odds are competitive, and its betting features are in line with industry standards.
Croatian Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
Croatian players are always interested in bonuses from bookmakers. These bonuses are similar to those of other bookmakers in central Europe, most of which target new players. Online bookmakers offer lucrative bonuses that include options such as sports betting, casino gambling and many others.
Detailed Comparison of Croatian Bookmakers
Competition is healthy for the gambling landscape in Croatia, which was previously monopolized by the government. Since there are 70+ licensed casinos and sportsbooks, they’re competing with one another to offer better incentives. However, tax restraints limit how much they can do so.
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
The competition between operators is also growing, as some people are moving to online betting. However, Croatia’s laws only allow land-based licensed operators to offer online betting; they contend with offshore operators who don’t have to pay taxes. Eventually, new legislation will help make the industry more competitive; it will give a major advantage to offshore operators who do not have to pay taxes.
The Features And Options Offered by Croatian Bookmakers
Croatian bookmakers have long been known for the variety of betting options they offer to attract players. The most common features that can be found in Croatian sportsbooks include enhanced player experience and new ways to gamble on your favourite sports.
Cash Out is a new feature for bookies to offer their customers. It allows you to cancel your bet early if you have lost confidence in the outcome of an event. It is available in Croatia but it does come with a cost: the bookie will keep some of the staked money as a cancellation fee.
Live betting is another feature common to Croatian bookmakers. This allows users to place bets in real time and watch their odds fluctuate as the match progresses.
Live streaming is a common feature offered by Croatian bookmakers. Live streaming allows you to watch sports while you place your bets, which makes them more convenient than other options.
What are the payment methods in Croatia?
There are many payment methods available in Croatia, including debit, credit cards and bank transfers. The most common method is withdrawing cash from an ATM with a bank card. Depositing money into gambling accounts requires careful consideration – it can be cheaper to use a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum than a bank account.
Most bookies will cover the processing fees for credit card and ewallet transactions. However, Croatia is not a cash-based country, so most Croatians opt for the less expensive debit and crypto transactions. These types of transactions do not require identification information and provide increased privacy. Another factor for Croatians to consider is the minimum transaction requirements. They range from 75 to 185 Croatian Kuna for deposits and 185 and 750 Croatian Kuna for withdrawals at most bookies.”
What are the most popular sports for betting in Croatia?
Croatia’s most popular sports are football, handball, basketball, water polo and tennis. They are all well known in Croatia but it’s important to understand why they are so popular. As such a short introduction is provided below:
- Croatians are passionate about the sport of football. The Croatian Football Federation manages domestic leagues, at the national level, and oversees international matches.
- Handball is a popular sport in Croatia. The Croatian Handball Federation and the European Handball Federation are affiliated with the International Handball Federation, which has organized several world championships since 1979.
- As a result of its domestic league and national teams, Croatian basketball is a popular choice for punters. They also have their own version of the FIBA Europe Championships as well as participation in the Olympics.
- In Croatia, water polo is a popular sport. The country’s men’s national team and the Wild League are its main participants.
- Tennis is a popular sport, and tennis is especially popular in Croatia. Croatia has hosted the ATP Tour and is represented by players on the Fed Cup, which occurs every year in January.
Use of mobile devices for betting in Croatia
Croatia has a wide range of mobile betting options, from mobile websites to apps for iOS and Android devices. As a result, choosing the right betting option can be vital to your experience.
Mobile websites are considered to be more private than regular websites, because they do not require software to function and thus can be deleted without leaving a trace.
Mobile apps provide a more stable platform than websites for users who want to remain logged in for quick access. Their advantage is that they are more flexible and can be updated automatically.
Are Online Casinos available in Croatia?
In 2017, Croatia changed its gambling law to allow online casinos. Under the new amendment, licensed land-based operators can provide online casino gaming – but excluded unlicensed online operators.
Croatians are left to choose between licensed Croatian casinos or those operating offshore. They can access games of chance, slots and video poker at approved casinos.
Gambling Legislation and Laws In Croatia
The Republic of Croatia legalized all forms of gambling in 2014, when it passed its new gambling law, ‘Zakon o igrama na sreću’. This act governs all forms of gambling within Croatia and sets out rules for licensing them and paying taxes and fees.
The Ministry of Finance has the authority to regulate, enforce and tax gambling. Therefore, players who buy lottery tickets, bet on sports games or play slots must pay a 5% tax on ticket sales, a 5% tax on turnover from wagers placed on sporting events and 15% tax on gross revenue from casinos. Players who win money playing slots will have to pay 25% in taxes.
Croatia collects taxes on winnings from its professional sports leagues, from which it receives a percentage of the total prize money. The Zakon o igrama na sreću’ act imposes a 10% tax on winnings under 10,000 Kuna and 15% on amounts between 10,000 and 30,000 Kuna. A 20% tax applies for more than 30,000 Kuna.
In 2014, Croatia amended its ‘Zakon o igrama na sreću’ to allow land-based operators to offer online services. However, the country is working on legislation that would legalize foreign betting sites to operate in Croatia.
Facts about Betting in Croatia
Croatia is located close to the Adriatic Sea, which makes it an excellent place for those interested in history and culture. While the country’s gambling laws are quite strict, many of its residents enjoy a bit of fun at the gaming tables. Here are some interesting facts about gambling in Croatia:
- The gambling industry is one of the largest in Croatia, accounting for €540 million in revenue in 2019.
- Croatia is expected to gain an additional €270 million in annual tax revenue by taxing online gaming.
- In 2019, Super Sport reported yearly revenue of €84 million. This was the highest ever recorded by a Croatian sportsbook.
- The betting industry in Croatia employs over 6,700 people, contributing around 39 million Kuna (approximately $6.1 million) to the country’s economy every year.
- Since the Croatian Ministry of Finance legalized gambling in 2010, it has issued licenses to over 70 betting companies.
- Croatia is most famous for its state lottery. It accounts for more than 60% of all bets made in the country.
Croatian gamblers are similar to those in most other European countries. The largest proportion of bettors favour sports and casino games. In addition, a larger percentage of bettors favour land-based betting than online or mobile gaming. However, age demographics were unavailable because of a lack of information about social economics and problem gambling; however the National Center for Biotechnology Information reports that problem gambling is most prevalent in adolescents versus adult gamblers.
Is online betting legal in Croatia? Let’s find out!
Yes, you can legally bet online in Croatia since 2017.
Are there any tax obligations for Croatian players on their winnings?
Yes, Croatians must pay taxes ranging from 10 to 30% of their winnings.
Can I open an account and play on your site?
Yes, you are welcome to open an account and deposit HRK. You can then wager on the games in your account.
Are there any restrictions on Croatian players betting?
Croatians can bet online or at land-based gambling venues.
What is the legal age limit for gambling in Croatia?
In Croatia, you must be 18 years old to gamble online or at land-based establishments.
Are Croatian offshore sportsbooks licensed to offer daily fantasy betting?
DFA offers daily fantasy betting, although you need to contact each offshore bookmaker individually for availability.
Is bingo legal in Croatia?
Yes, online bingo is legal in Croatia because the gambling act allows games of chance.