Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
Bet365, Novibet and Sportingbet are the top betting sites in Greece. We’ve compiled a list of their welcome bonus amounts, percentage sign-up offers, minimum deposits and odds for you to peruse.
The Greece government has legalized all forms of betting and modified its regulations to allow bettors to bet wherever they want and on as many sites as possible. Although this can be seen as beneficial in terms of safety of punters, it also means that bettors are limited in terms of where they can physically place their bets and what types of sites they can visit.
Because the Greek government imposes a 30% tax on international sites, many bookmakers are unwilling to enter the Greek market. This is limiting options for customers, but it is also causing many people to turn to illegal betting sites. Although there is no current indication, one might hope that they will reduce their levies, so that punters can make more money by competing with legal bookmakers. Greek gamblers have a variety of options to choose from. All forms of gambling are allowed in Greece, and there are several Greek sites for play as well as international ones.
The best online betting sites in Greece
The Greek tradition of betting dates back to Greek mythology, in which gods drew lots as they split the universe. Today, gambling is very popular, and punters are increasingly turning to online betting sites to enjoy their time.
|Welcome OfferBet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets|
Bet365 is a unique online sportsbook that also offers casino games to bet on. They offer a wide range of sports to bet on daily and some of the best bonuses available online. Another benefit of Bet365 is their Greek language support, making it easier to research your options.
|Welcome OfferWelcome Offer|
Novibet is a Greek company, although they offer their services to international punters from a number of different places. They offer both sports betting and casino games, but their power lies within the casino section. Because it is a Greek site, they offer a more extensive range of local sports bets compared to other international sites.
SportingBet is a sports betting site that offers both casino games and betting on sporting events. The odds for larger games are the best of any site we've seen, and all bets can be placed in Greek.
Greek Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
Bookmakers give customers many different ways to sign up and keep using their sites. Most sites offer a signup bonus, which provides customers with bet credits or deposit matches. The amount of the bonus depends on how much you deposit or bet on a site, but it’s usually between €30 and €100. Customers can then use these bonus funds to get started with betting on the site.
Bonuses and promotions for existing customers are a lot different between sites, so if you’re interested in bonuses, you should look around to find a site that offers the best promotions for your style of betting. These promotions can be related to a sport or even a specific match, but some might give you free spins on a casino game. These bonuses change semi-regularly, so there is always something new to look for.
As already mentioned, there are also bonuses specific to Greek customers from certain sites such as Novibet. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on your preferences. For example, it might be nice to get the same bonuses as other international customers at some sites, but other sites may restrict their promotions and bonuses in order to get more attention from local customers.
Greek Bookmakers Comparison
The Greek government has been running a monopoly over the sports betting and lottery markets for many years, due to the fact that it helps to protect Greeks against problem gambling and unsafe companies.
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Bet Builder
Greece, like many European countries, held a government monopoly over the online gambling market. This made it illegal for international companies to offer their services in Greece. However, this changed as a result of a challenge by the European Union to these laws being passed by Greek governments. As a result, the Greek government opened its online market to international betting sites that were able to apply for licenses and pay taxes at 30%. These sites can apply for licenses to offer their services to the Greek market and are taxed 30% on top of any other fees or taxes they incur while operating their sites within that country.
Betting Features and Options in the Greek Bookmakers
Greek bookmakers are constantly coming up with new ways to increase the quality of their services. Recent additions include:
Cash-out punters can stop betting at any time. If they do, they’ll be paid according to the odds at that moment. This allows punters to have greater opportunities to win and not necessarily lose if they can see that their chances are about to shift. Some sites will offer a partial cash-out option, so punters can choose to retain a little bit of the bet, while others offer an automatic cash-out option when odds hit a certain point.”
Bet builders are a type of betting service that allow punters to combine bets and receive better odds for all of them. If all the bets are successful, the punter receives higher winnings than if they had several independent bets. Sometimes sites will have pre-made bet builders, other times they give their customers a variety of bets that they can combine or add together how many times they wish.
Live betting lets you bet on an event as it happens, which means you don’t have to wait for updated statistics after an event. You can place bets on constantly-changing odds, and rely only on your knowledge about the current game.
Live streaming is a great way to get the action on the go. Most betting sites allow punters to watch events that they have bet on, with the minimum bet often $1.
Available Payment Methods
Greek bookmakers offer a number of different ways to deposit and withdraw money. Most sites offer at least a dozen free, immediate ways to deposit and withdraw money, but the most popular include all major bank cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro), e-wallets or digital wallets (PayPal, Neteller, Skrill). Some sites also enable users to deposit money using cryptocurrencies and many sites will also accept bank transfers.
In most cases, the deposit and withdrawal minimums are €1. But you should check to see if there are any restrictions on specific sites; for example, some sites have higher minimums.
Greece has used the euro as its currency since 2002, when it replaced the drachma. Due to this, punters do not need to exchange their money before they place an online bet, as almost all betting sites accept euros.
Leading sports for betting in Greece
Greeks love to bet on sports, and here are some of the most popular sports to bet on:
- Football is one of the most popular sports in the world, and as a result, there are lots of betting options available for football fans. Greece has its own Super League that most reputable sites will offer betting for; however, Greeks can also take part in betting on bigger international games and tournaments.
- The Basketball Greece League (GBL) has become a source of pride for basketball fans in Greece. Though not as popular or as large as some other countries, the GBL is growing and gaining international attention.
- Tennis is one of Greece’s most popular sports. And it’s got some serious betting potential. Greek tennis players have been making a name for themselves at major tournaments, giving punters a patriotic reason to bet on the sport. As Greek sports stars climb through the ranks, betting on the sport becomes more popular within the country’s betting community.
When it comes to finding a site for online gambling, punters in Greece have many different choices. They can access live casino games, casino games such as poker, and online slots.
Use of mobile devices for betting in Greece
Mobile betting is becoming increasingly popular around the globe, and Greece is no exception. People love to download apps so they can conveniently bet from wherever they wish, whenever.
Online betting sites in Greece offer punters a free app for either Apple or Android devices. These apps give users full access to the desktop site’s features, as well as redesigned versions for easier use on smaller screens.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
The Greek government has passed legislation known as Law 4002/2011. This law states that the Hellenic Gaming Commission (HGC) is responsible for supervising, regulating, and monitoring gambling within Greece.
In Greece, both online and offline gambling is legal. Online gambling can be done at licensed venues in any OPAP venue. Greek law provides licenses for lottery sales and sports betting.
Facts about Betting in Greece
- The Greek government has authorized seven legal casinos.
- Lotteries are widely popular in Greece.
- The Greek gambling market is worth over €11 billion, which is a huge sum.
- In Greece, online gambling is the most popular type of gambling activity.
- Greeks traditionally celebrate New Year’s Eve by gambling because it is believed that doing so will bring good luck.
- Greece’s illegal gambling industry is worth over €5 billion annually.
- There is a legal age of 23 for gambling in Greece. This is one of the oldest minimum ages for gambling in the world.
Although Greek punters are still more likely to bet offline than online, the online sector is growing rapidly. Thanks to the country’s economic depression, people have more disposable income, which means they can now afford to spend on the pastime. Due to the limited number of official casinos in Greece and because each one has a different set of regulations regarding online betting, Greek bettors are more likely to engage in sports betting offline, because there are more venues that offer these services.
Is online gambling legal in Greece? Yes, it is.
Yes, gambling at an online casino is legal in Greece. All types of gambling are allowed, including sports betting and casino-style gaming.
Is there a tax for Greek players on their winnings?
If you win less than €100 playing on a Greek site, you’ll pay no taxes. If you win between €100 and €500, you’ll pay 15%. And if you win more than €500, you’ll pay 20%. If you want to avoid these taxes, the only way is to play illegally on an unlicensed site.
Can I open a EUR account and play with you?
Yes, most major betting sites are able to accept euros as a form of currency. Punters outside Greece can also open accounts on Greek-based sites and play with euros.
Where can I gamble offline?
There are many different places where gamblers can bet, including brick-and-mortar establishments in many different parts of the country. These establishments can only provide casino bets – betting on the outcome of sports events and lotteries are regulated differently, and there are many more places where punters can play than there are licensed casinos.
How can you choose the best betting websites in Greece?
When trying to find the best betting sites in Greece, it’s important to consider a number of factors. One factor is what kind of site you’d like to use. For example, some bettors might prefer horse racing or poker. Different sites specialize in different betting styles so that the best website will differ for each person, in terms of the range available. This is also true of bonuses and promotions available.
Are there any betting restrictions for players in Greece?
Greece has legalized all forms of gambling and offers a number of different companies that can help people gamble. Punters are only limited by the legal market available to them, as some international sites have pulled out because of the high taxes imposed by the government.
Are bet exchanges legal in Greece?
Currently, Greece does not have a law regulating betting exchanges such as Betfair. This is because they do not have a license from the government to operate legally. If you want to use one of these sites, it’s your own risk.