Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
We’ve compiled a list of the best online bookmakers for Turkey.
Sports betting in Turkey is highly regulated, and the state-controlled monopoly makes it very difficult to regularly make a profit if you want to stay on the right side of the law. But the main problem for the gambler is the internet connectivity. Turkey is country with very bad internet connection.
Turkish citizens who wish to get involved in sports betting should make sure that they only use the state-owned sports betting sites operated by the IDDAA. Although they are safe from prosecution and can spend up to $700 on an illegal bet, they may still have to pay a fine if caught.
The best online betting sites in Turkey
In Turkey, most citizens are muslims with strongly held religious beliefs. Recently the government has been leaning more toward following Islamic law (or Sharia), which has led to a crackdown on all forms of gambling. Many people in Turkey who don’t live near one go to bookmaker shops to place bets on sports and win tickets for the lottery.
|100% up to €130 Bonus|
1xBet is a great online gambling site for Turkish gamblers. The company has been blocked by the government several times, so they must frequently change their domain name to avoid being shut down. Be sure to use an address that is not shared by other sites, as this could lead to you getting banned from the site. They have mobile apps for iOS and Android; in addition, they hold a license from Curacao Gaming Authority. The company accepts deposits through Telegram Televend service and many other interesting means.
|100% up to €122|
22Bet has somewhat similar offerings to 1xBet in Turkey, like Live Casino, Bingo and Virtual Sports. In fact, the company has recently added mobile support for Android and iOS. However, Turkish gamblers will need to get familiar with Bitcoin if they wish to play here without significant risk. This could be troublesome to many gamblers who are not particularly skilled with technology.
|Welcome OfferOferta de 100% até 130 EUR|
BetWinner looks a lot like 1xBet, another large and popular online gambling company in Turkey. The two sites have similar features, but BetWinner also has an online poker room, which is unusual for a Turkish gambling site. BetWinner is licensed by Curacao, which is one of the best licensing authorities that offers licenses to sites offering services to Turkish gamblers.
Bonuses from Turkish Bookmakers
Some online casinos and various sports betting sites give new players a bonus of some sort as an incentive to sign up. The deposit match bonuses are usually in the region of 100% up to around €100-€150 at these sites.
Turkish online casinos often offer free spins and reload bonuses, too.
Turkish Bookmakers Comparison
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Bet Builder
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Virtual Sports
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
Betting companies that are not part of the government monopoly are taking a major risk by being in the country. They are all offering sign-up bonuses and free bets to their regular customers, though 1xBet, 22bet, and BetWinner all have slightly different bonus offers.
The IDDAA does not offer promotions because they are incompatible with the teachings of the religion. For example, some people may interpret the concept of a bonus as being open to interpretation. However, most believers don’t like bonuses because they conflict with the concept of giving.
Betting features and options available at Turkish bookmakers
Online sports betting has changed dramatically over the past decade through a number of innovations, with Bet365 leading the way. Some of the new features include:
Cash-out Early Cash-Out gives those who are feeling a little bit twitchy about their current position the opportunity to cash out a smaller percentage of their winnings immediately. Say you have created a bet-builder ticket with six predictions for the winner of several different horse races, and the first five horses have already won. You might stand to win $50,000 if the sixth horse wins, or nothing at all if it loses.
Bet Builder allows you to make bets with multiple different outcomes happening in a single contest. This is similar to a football accumulator, but it allows you to mix and match bets from several different markets onto a single betting slip.
In-play betting allows you to place bets on specific aspects of an ongoing contest, such as when a certain team will score next.
Live streaming allows you to watch a game as it happens. This is especially useful when betting on games that are taking place at the same time, since you will be able to place your bets quickly, without having to wait for the game to end. A sportsbook will usually offer live streams of certain sports if you have a funded account.
Available Payment Methods
When you want to place bets with another operator, be sure to check your bank account regularly and make sure that the money hasn’t been flagged by the government. The Turkish government regularly prosecutes people and companies that facilitate illegal online gambling.
- Paysafe Card
At the time of this writing, Skrill and NETELLER do not accept Turkish customers. However, WebMoney, ecoPayz, and Jeton all accept Turkish customers as well. Prepaid cards such as Paysafecard can be used to deposit money into your account, but withdrawing money using these cards can sometimes be problematic.
Leading Sports to Bet On in Turkey
- Turkish football is among the most popular sports in the country. The popularity of the sport is unsurprising, as it is wildly popular throughout Turkey. Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, and Galatasaray are some of the country’s most successful teams. They all play in their own national elite league as well as being regular competitors in top European competitions like the Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
- Basketball is another hugely popular sport in Turkey, and the country has its own Basketball Super League with 16 teams. Turkey has also developed a basketball culture that is popular outside of the country’s borders. This is due to the fact that many NBA scouts are watching Turkish games live on international sportsbooks, including ones in countries like Canada and Australia.
- Volleyball is a very popular sport in Turkey and throughout much of the Middle East. The Turkish Efe League has been very successful in Europe-wide Volleyball competitions, but the national team has not been so lucky.
- Horse racing has long been a popular sport in Turkey, where betting on horse races is legal. Betting on the Turkish Derby, one of the country’s top horse races, has been allowed since 1953. The prize money usually exceeds $400,000.
Although it is legal for Turkish citizens to gamble in online casinos, the state-controlled organization IDDAA does not offer any gambling services.
International online casinos are better than the sites in Curacao (or other countries), because they offer more games and services. For example, BetWinner offers live casino and poker games, while top-tier providers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, BetSoft, and Thunderkick are even available as well.
Mobile Betting in Turkey
Sports betting is easy to find in Turkey. It’s available at IDDAA-controlled sites, as well as 1xBet, 22bet, and BetWinner. The fact that Turkis do not lag behind other countries in this area is due to their well-developed gaming industry and their willingness to try new things like smartphone betting.
Adobe dropped Flash from the internet in December 2020, forcing providers of online gambling software to update their platforms by a hard deadline. This led to all websites that use streaming video or interactive content to update their services or risk having them become inaccessible.
It is important that any company offering a recreational activity via the internet makes sure that they update their software so that it functions properly for users of mobile devices.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
In 2007, the Turkish government banned online gambling. However, some operators continued to operate in the country until 2017. In that year, the state banned these companies from advertising on television and radio, and imposed a ban on their websites.
The IDDAA doesn’t offer online casino gambling, but many Turks do choose to use the service rather than break the law.
Do Turkish gamblers primarily come from Turkey, or from other countries? Are there a large number of non-practising Muslims who play as well? Online gambling is illegal in many parts of the United States, but the risks associated with participating in this activity are low. Few prosecutions have resulted from US online gambling despite the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act and theoretical risks and penalties associated with doing so.
Several online casinos claim to be legal in Turkey, but only those that are part of IDDAA offer the same services and odds. Below, we have listed a few of the last alternatives that are still participating in the Turkish market.
Facts about betting in Turkey
- In 1995, the government relaxed a law that had banned casinos from Turkish soil. However, hardline conservatives still felt that casinos should not have been allowed in the country in the first place.
- If a gambler chooses to gamble at an offshore site, he or she is expected to report winnings to the tax authorities. It is unclear whether this person could be prosecuted for trying to do the right thing by paying his or her taxes!
- Within a few months, Omer Lutfu Topal, a Turkish businessman and multiple casino owner, was brutally murdered. Omer was nicknamed “The Casino King” for his extensive involvement in the gambling industry and many of the more religious Turkish citizens believed his involvement in spreading casinos and gambling throughout their country amounted to blasphemy.
- In less than two years, a newly elected government passed a new law that closed down all 78 casinos operating within the country. This was coupled with further limiting citizens’ rights to participate in a betting-related activity.
- In 1983, Turkey legalized casino gambling and opened the first casinos, but it was a ban on non-Turks from entering these casinos. Tourism was becoming a major contributor to the Turkish economy and officials felt that allowing casino gambling would be a surefire way to attract more Western tourists.
Is online betting legal in Turkey?
Yes, but only through the state-owned sports betting company Iddaa. All other types of Internet gambling are prohibited, and those caught engaging in such activity can face harsh punishments.
Are there any taxes to pay on Turkish players’ winnings?
Gambling winnings in Turkey are taxed at 5%, 7% and 10% respectively. Players must calculate taxes owed to the government on their winnings and pay them directly to the taxman; they are responsible for paying any tax payable by gambling companies with whom they placed bets.
Can I open an account and start playing TRY?
Turkish citizens who want to play online games can usually place bets in Turkish Lira (TRY) to make it easier for them to understand how much they are betting. Some sites might offer an option to convert between currencies, but you should avoid making this choice whenever possible, as it will usually cost you money.
Are there any restrictions on wagering for Turkish players?
Turkey has a long history of gambling, and is still considered to be one of the top gambling destinations in the world. However, it is important to note that betting is prohibited in virtually all circumstances unless you choose to play via a state-controlled monopoly or one of the few licensed clubs where in-person bets are taken. Payments to foreign-owned gambling companies are blocked where possible and prosecuted later if detected.
Which foreign betting site accepts Turkish players?
We like 1xBet the best, but all three of the sites listed in our section “Top online betting websites in Turkey” near the top of this page are trustworthy and offer much better odds than the state-owned monopoly. There may be other sites too, but please exercise caution when depositing money at an online casino from inside Turkey – ensure that the site you are using is regulated by a reputable authority and use a VPN to hide your traffic. Never use your debit or credit card to purchase chips – it can lead to identity theft or fraud, which is why it’s always best to play with cash instead.
Is it true that the Turkish Government has blocked its citizens from using Bitcoin to gamble online?
It’s true that the Turkish government has launched a campaign to ban Bitcoin, but it’s unclear how they intend to do so. Even if they do, the second-generation cryptocurrencies Monero and Zcash offer complete anonymity and will prevent any attempt to block online gambling in this manner.