Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
Find out which bookmaker is best for you in the Netherlands. Details of their welcome bonus amount, percentage of sign up offer, minimum deposit, and odds are provided below.
The government in Netherlands is expected to retain its monopoly on online betting, but it may be possible for other companies to become licensed to offer punters from the Netherlands an alternative. When punters from the Netherlands can play with Dutch-licensed companies online, they can rest assured that these companies will be of high quality and adhere to government safety standards. The Netherlands is an important market for online gambling, but since the country has such strict anti-gambling laws, most leading international betting sites still accept Dutch players, so that these consumers can play safely.
The best online betting sites in Netherlands
Netherlands has taken a hard stance on online gambling. The pastime was illegal until 2019, when a new bill was passed to begin issuing licenses for online betting in 2020. This recent shift looks set to create a boom in the Dutch market, as companies that do gain licenses look set to become reputable additions to betting in the Netherlands.
|Welcome OfferBet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets|
Bet365 is one of the largest online gambling brands in Europe. It offers both sports betting and online casinos, as well as a mobile app that is popular with Dutch users.
BetCity.com has established itself as a reliable betting site with high-quality services, including odds that are available only at BetCity.com and exclusive promotions on daily fantasy sports games.
Jack's is a top-rated site for online gambling. There are multiple betting and poker options - including Sports betting and Casino - that allow users to bet on whatever they like and find the site easy to use.
TOTO is a leading betting site in the Netherlands. It offers customers sports betting markets, casino games and even live dealers.
Dutch Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
Dutch sportsbooks offer a number of different bonuses to players. These include free bets and match deposits, as well as promotions for returning customers.
In addition to the regular bonuses and promotions, players from the Netherlands are eligible to take advantage of special offers. These include free bets when you place a paid bet, money-back specials and increased odds on certain games. Although none of these is specific to the Dutch audience, it should be noted that players from the Netherlands are offered the same prizes as any other player, regardless of the laws within the country.
Comparison between bookmakers in Netherlands
The Dutch government has tried its best to ensure that it is the only country in the world where gambling is legal. However, the European Union has claimed that this is unfair to international companies.
Currently, the government owns and operates all of the country’s casinos. The government-run Holland Casino is responsible for all of the country’s physical casino operations, as well as online gambling. And there is also a state monopoly on online sports betting, lotteries and slot machines.
Although there is a significant oligopoly in online sports betting, the Netherlands is considering opening its doors a little wider by licensing other companies to participate in the market.
Betting Features and Options from Dutch Bookmakers
The Netherlands has many bookmakers that offer different features for their customers so that they don’t miss out. These include:
Some bookmakers will let you cash out if you’re concerned that you’ll lose a bet or if you’re happy with your odds halfway through an event. Your winnings will be based on the odds at the time, regardless of the final outcome. This is not withdrawing money into a bank account; it’s just withdrawing from a bet.
The bet builder allows punters to place multiple bets on the same game in different markets. Punters can customise their bets by selecting individually what they want to bet.
Live betting allows punters to place their bets even after the event has begun. They can also keep track of the odds while they watch the action unfold on their favorite team, making it possible for them to make money when no one else is!
Live streaming allows customers to watch games in real-time, on the site. This is beneficial for obscure games that might not be free to view elsewhere, or not shown on local television. Sites that offer live streaming will usually provide the same features as other sites, but it is important to check each specific site for what they offer; in case one or more of these features are not available, or only available for certain sports or events.
Available Payment Methods
Dutch betting sites (such as Bwin, BetFair and Betdaq) offer many different options for depositing and withdrawing money. These include Visa and Mastercard (sometimes American Express), e-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill and Neteller, as well as bank transfers. Punters should always check with their preferred bookmaker’s website before depositing money to ensure that they know exactly how much fees will apply before placing a bet.
- American Express
The Netherlands use the euro (EUR) as their form of currency. This makes it easy for Dutch players to take part in online sports betting, as they can place bets using EUR without converting their deposits beforehand.
Leading sports for betting in Holland
The Netherlands has a long history of gambling, and with increasing interest in online betting, sports betting remains popular. Here are some of the most popular sports to bet on:
- The Netherlands is not immune to the excitement and pull of football. Many sites offer betting on large local leagues, as well as overseas championships. The popularity of football overseas means that Dutch customers also get to experience everything from betting on who will win a football match to placing bets on how many goals will be scored in a game.
- As the third most popular sport in the country, volleyball is no surprise that it is a favourite for betting. Volleyball rakes in significant revenue for both local and international bookmakers.
- Dutch field hockey is also a sport with a lot of fans in the Netherlands. The national team has won many medals in international competitions, including at the Olympics. Not only that, but Dutch people love to bet on their home team to win – this sport is very popular among them.
- Dutch players can bet on a wide variety of tennis tournaments, including the French Open and Wimbledon. Some sites also provide live options.
Until very recently, online casinos were illegal in the Netherlands. A bill that would legalize the industry has not yet become law.
In recent years, several major international companies have stopped offering their online casino services to Dutch players because they faced so much trouble with the law. However, there are still several reputable international sites that punters from the Netherlands can still utilize. Always remember that playing on sites that are not licensed in the Netherlands means that you have no legal protection in the case of any unfortunate events.
Mobile Betting in Netherlands
Most leading betting sites offer their services to Dutch customers through apps. However, so far none are available in Dutch, because it is illegal for these companies to offer their services to Dutch consumers specifically. If a company fails to comply with Dutch law, it can have its apps removed from customers’ phones.
If you can’t access a website through your mobile device, most sites will offer a mobile version of their website that can be accessed through the device’s browser. These have been specially designed to alter the desktop site to be more manageable on phones and tablets. Although often not available in Dutch, the government does not have any control over how patrons use these websites.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
The Netherlands’ Gambling Authority (NGA) regulates and monitors all types of gambling in the country. They ensure that consumers are informed and stay safe by regulating and monitoring illegal gambling, preventing unhealthy gambling addictions, and ensuring that licensed facilities are working properly.
There are several laws regarding gambling in the Netherlands, including the Dutch Gambling Act of 1964 and the Dutch Gaming Act of 1989. These laws define who can legally gamble and when, as well as prohibiting or allowing certain activities.
In February 2019, the government voted to approve the Remote Gambling Act. This law will allow for international betting sites to apply for licenses within the country at some point in 2020. The Netherlands is one of a very few countries that has yet to legalize online gambling. However, this law will provide Dutch players with legal protection from the number of international sites that are not licensed in the Netherlands but are still legally able to offer Dutch consumers their services.
Facts about Betting in the Netherlands
- Until 2012, online gambling in the Netherlands was illegal.
- Approximately 1.8 million Dutch people admit that they have been gambling at least occasionally.
- A survey of Dutch gamblers found 18% of them used the Internet to gamble.
- The gambling market in the Netherlands generated over €2 billion in revenue in 2018 and is expected to continue growing.
- In the 1970s, the state monopoly on casinos began, and it remains in operation today.
- Most people gamble on sports games.
- The Netherlands has been running its lottery since 1726; the Staatslotterij.
The fact that illegal gambling is a big business in the Netherlands, despite it being a crime, is not surprising at all, because the country is one of the most affluent countries in the world. In 2011, there were estimated to be 8 million casual gamblers in that country, but only accounts for legal, physical gambling.
Is online gambling legal in the Netherlands?
Online gambling is currently not legal in the Netherlands, but the government is working to change that. If all goes according to plan, consumers will be able to play legally on international websites by the end of this year. Although online gambling remains illegal under Dutch law, there have been no prosecutions so far for playing on an international site.
Which are the best football betting websites in Holland?
Bwin is one of Holland’s most popular betting websites, offering live bets on football games and several different types of games from around the world.
Is it possible to play using an international site licensed in another country?
Yes, many online sports and casino betting sites still welcome players from the Netherlands. However, since online gambling is illegal in the country, sites cannot be seen to target this audience specifically. Therefore it is rare to find a website that has been translated into Dutch. Customers also do not have legal protection from the state if something goes wrong while they play online. Aside from this, customers should be aware of the risks involved in playing online.
Are there any restrictions on gambling in the Netherlands?
Because online betting is illegal in the Netherlands, some foreign sites do not accept accounts from Dutch residents. However, this does not prevent consumers from using their services. Consumers should make sure they can create an account in the Netherlands before signing up with a site.
Which are the best online casinos in the Netherlands?
Dutch players can sign up at 10Bet, a trusted online casino that offers many promotions and bonuses to its customers. Customers can enjoy a variety of games from slots, live casino options to card games.
Are players taxed?
Players are not taxed for gambling on the internet. Licensed operators will be taxed 29%, but some might recoup some of these costs from their customers.