Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
If you’re looking for an online bookmaker that accepts players from Sweden, we recommend taking a look at our table below. It includes some of the best betting sites for Swedish customers.
Since the EU demanded that Sweden offer licenses to international betting sites, customers have had more options in the market. This is beneficial because prior to this, customers were limited to two Swedish state-operated betting sites where they could place bets. Sites now offer their services in Swedish and punters can rely on market competition to give them high odds and diverse betting opportunities. Sweden has relatively liberal laws regarding gambling and gambling online, to the benefit of both punters and the government.
The best online betting sites in Sweden
Sweden is a relatively affluent country, and people have enjoyed gambling there for many years. Although the laws surrounding gambling have been relatively stable, recent shifts have allowed companies to operate internationally and for licenses to be given to foreign companies selling online games. This has opened up even more opportunities for gambling.
The LeoVegas website was launched in 2011 and now has over 1 million active users worldwide. The site offers a wide range of markets from which punters can choose, including several Swedish options. Although the odds are not great, LeoVegas have a number of promotions running on their site that help keep customers happy and this makes for good value for money overall.
|Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets|
Bet365 has been around for years, and although it may not be as popular as some of the other sportsbooks out there, it still has a devoted user base. The site is simple to use and has fast odds loading times - even the lines change in real-time! This is a welcome change from the lag that can be found on other sites. Bet365 is an international site, so they want their customers all over the world to be satisfied with their service; they have a wide range of events to bet on from all over the world.
Unibet is a renowned website for bettors, with an extensive range of games including casino betting, sports betting and horse racing. The site has been translated into Swedish, making it accessible for a wide variety of punters.
Swedish Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
Welcome bonuses are a significant aspect of most Swedish betting sites, and punters who register an account often receive great benefits. There are two types of welcome bonuses – welcome sports bonuses and welcome casino bonuses – and punters get to choose the one that works best for them. Although these welcome bonuses can seem incredibly generous, wagering requirements can sometimes be too high for players to withdraw any winnings. Punters should look closely at the terms and conditions of these offers so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they want to join up.
10 FS LeoVegas No Deposit Bonus
Sites will also offer existing players bonuses, in a bid to get them to continue playing. These bonuses can be pretty varied and may include free spins on slots or better odds on specific matches.
Swedish Bookmakers Comparison
Sweden has maintained a gambling monopoly since 1934. The Swedish government and the GBS have agreed to begin giving licenses to international bookmakers. When it comes to online gambling, there are now over 60 different operators that are licensed to provide their services to Swedish punters. Although there is no longer a legal monopoly, Svenska Spel and ATG (who provide sports betting and horse race betting respectively) still hold over half of the market.
Betting Features and Options in the Swedish Bookmakers
A growing number of bookmakers in Sweden is offering a range of features to help them stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the options that have been added recently:
Bet Builders are tools that allow punters to combine their bets in order to receive better odds. Most sites will allow punters some freedom to choose what bets go into the bet builder and how many, so punters can create a combination they think will win.
Live betting allows users to continue to bet on an event even after it has started. With traditional betting, punters have to wait until the game is over to collect their winnings. With live betting, you can place or withdraw bets as the event unfolds. If a team wins or loses an important match, odds change instantly so that you can make a profit or avoid losing money.
Live streaming is a service that allows people to watch sporting events in real-time through their betting site of choice. People who want to watch these events but cannot otherwise access them may find live streaming beneficial. Most betting sites require people to have a positive balance or place a bet on the sporting event in order to be able to access the live stream; however, this can be overcome by placing smaller bets.”
Available Payment Methods
Swedish bookmakers accept many forms of payment. The most common are bank cards and bank transfers, which are instant and free. However, these also have fees, so punters should check with the site’s terms and conditions before signing up for an account. Punters can use e-wallets like Neteller and prepaid cards like PaySafe Card to make payments. These generally do not involve any fees.
The currency used in Sweden is the Swedish krona (SEK). While all of the local betting sites and some of the international ones will accept this for betting, there are a number of them that will not allow betting using SEK. The reason for this is because the local banks charge high conversion fees for converting SEK into their local currency. This can be inconvenient for punters as well as expensive if it takes too long to convert. Punters should check that their preferred site accepts SEK before placing any bets on foreign sports events.
Leading Sports for Betting in Scandinavia
In Sweden, sports betting is one of the most popular forms of gambling. All punters enjoy a range of different types on sites like these:
- Football is undoubtedly the most popular sport in the world. Swedish football teams compete against other European countries in continental tournaments, but punters can also bet on other teams from around the world. Punters can find a wide selection of local and international betting opportunities by browsing through country lists and recent results.
- Sweden is home to some of the world’s most beautiful winter sports, and its climate makes it an ideal spot for ice hockey. Local betting sites offer coverage of the sport, as well as several larger international sites as well.
- Handball, a sport played mainly in Europe, is popular in Sweden. In the country, handbollsligan (handball league) is played. The national league also has regional games and international ones.
- TennisSweden has produced some high-quality tennis players over the years, and punters love to bet on the sport. You can bet on matches within Sweden, but you’ll see bigger returns when it comes to international tournaments.
Online casinos are legal in Sweden, and have a strong following among Swedes. Users can browse a number of different sites that offer card games, roulette, slots and live casino games from either betting websites or mobile apps that provide all of the services from the main site.
Live Casinos is a live gambling platform that mimics the social aspect of gambling that can often get lost when gambling online alone. It allows users to play against other people in real-time.
Mobile Betting in Sweden
Mobile betting is becoming increasingly popular, as more and more people have access to smartphones and tablets. Almost all betting sites offer free to download apps for Apple and Android devices, making it easy to bet wherever you want, whenever you want.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
In Sweden, two main laws govern gambling: The first is the 1994 Lotteries Act, which gave authority to the Gaming Board of Sweden (GBS) to regulate the gambling market and give out licenses to companies that met the requirements. This law meant that lotteries and other gambling activities like bingo, card games, and roulette could only be operated by government-approved organizations or charities. In 2002, this specific law was amended to allow Svenska Spel – which was already online at the time – to be the sole online operator.
Facts about gambling in Sweden
- Online gambling became legal in 2002, making it available to millions of people who might otherwise have difficulty getting to a casino.
- 66% of Swedes had gambled at least once in the past year, according to a study by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.
- Despite the popularity of online gambling, offline gambling is currently more popular than its online counterpart.
- The gambling industry generated SEK 17.2 billion in annual revenue.
- Sweden has a higher than average rate of gambling, but betting in the country has decreased 10% in the past few years.
- Horse racing and bingo are the most popular forms of gambling.
Although Sweden has a long history of betting, there are some clear characteristics that make it unique. Bettors live in urban areas more than rural ones – historically, this was probably due to the fact that there were more brick-and-mortar betting establishments in urban areas, but with the advent of online betting, physical location no longer matters. Men are more likely than women to be considered problem gamblers.
Is online gambling legal in Sweden?
Yes, it is legal to gamble online in Sweden provided that you use sites that are licensed by the government.
Is there any tax on Swedish players’ winnings?
If you win money playing with a bookie from an overseas site, the winnings will be taxed. But if you’re playing with a local bookie at home and win money, you won’t pay any taxes.
Are you able to open an account and play in SEK?
Most local sites will accept your Swedish Krona (SEK) in cash, but some international sites will not.
Can I still play on a Swedish gambling site if it doesn’t accept SEK?
Yes, most sites that only accept certain currencies will offer conversion services for punters who use alternative monies. These currency exchanges can be costly, so punters should beware.
What are some of the best football betting websites in Sweden?
There are many good football betting websites in Sweden, including Bet365. The site is available in Swedish and SEK is an accepted form of betting currency, so users do not need to exchange their money. It is also a reputable site that is known for being reliable, decent odds, and excellent customer service.
Are betting sites on foreign websites safe?
It is possible to use foreign websites licensed in Sweden to place bets, and these sites are generally safe and reputable.
Are there any betting restrictions for players from Sweden?
In Sweden, all forms of online gambling are legal, so punters have an unusually large selection of betting options to choose from. They can use sites catering to the Swedish population in terms of language and whether they accept SEK as currency.