Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
It can be hard to find a reputable and trustworthy online bookmaker in South Africa, so we’ve provided you with a list of the leading betting websites in the country. All of them have a big name in the industry and are worth checking out.
The South African government has taken steps to curtail gambling, but even after its ban on land-based casinos during Apartheid, there is still plenty of room for growth. Online gambling continues to be illegal in the country, despite efforts by some officials to legalize this industry and increase tax revenue. However, until this happens, South Africans should just stick to sports betting online just to be safe.
The best online betting sites in South Africa
South Africans can gamble online, but they must use national companies. Although there are several large brands that they can choose from, there are still many different games available.
|£10 Free Bet|
Betway South Africa is affiliated with the original Betway from the UK, but this localized brand means that they can get around some legal issues. The site is one of the most popular in the country, and punters can enjoy a wide range of sports to bet on, including local tournaments and matches.
Sportingbet is the largest online sportsbook in South Africa. The company was launched in 1997 and offers betting services to over 30 different countries around the world. Its most popular market is rugby betting but they also offer other sports to bet on as well as a variety of different types of bets.
Hollywoodbets has more than 30,000 users worldwide, including many in South Africa. The site offers betting on everything from international soccer matches to local rugby matches and boxing matches. The site is easy to navigate and fun, but it also contains information about betting and a forum for punters to discuss their bets with other users.
South Africa’s Bookmakers Promo Codes & Bonuses
South Africans have a wide range of bonuses, promotions and incentives to choose from, depending on their betting preferences.
When you join a betting site, most will offer you a welcome bonus. These bonuses are often large – they can match the amount of your first deposit. However, before you can withdraw any winnings from these bonuses, you must wager a certain amount on the site’s games.
Betway casino welcome £50
New users can also benefit from these rewards, but existing members can also enjoy them. The site is constantly offering promotions that are unique to each customer and that change frequently. Users should visit the promotions page to ensure they are not missing out on anything by staying active in the game.
South Africa’s Bookmakers Comparison
It’s great that there’s no monopoly operating in South Africa, as the country’s gambling market has flourished since Sun launched its online casino. AlthoughSun owned and operated the majority of gambling venues in the country at one point, it has since branched out, with a growing number of vendors providing punters with competitive odds on different sporting events and betting options. Users can choose which site works best for them.
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Bet Builder
- Request a Bet
Betting Features and Options in the South African Bookmakers
Bookmakers in South Africa offer their customers a wide range of services, including:
Cash Out is a service that allows you to withdraw most of your money if you wish, instead of waiting until the end of the race. With this option you can take as much money as you have won so far and keep it in your account. This should not be considered withdrawing money from your bank account; it is only taking cash out before the bet has been completed.
Bet Builder A bet builder is a type of betting system in which bets are made on different outcomes of the same event. For example, if you have a bet on the outcome of a football game, you can combine that with a bet on the result of another game to double your chances of winning money. Most sites allow punters to choose exactly what bets they want to include in their bet builder, and how many bets they want included. However, remember that if any individual bet loses, then your entire bet will lose too – so beware!
Live betting is a feature that allows users to continue betting on an event even after it has started. With live betting, bettors can gamble as events unfold, using odds that reflect what is happening and are constantly changing in real-time.
Live streaming is an excellent way to watch sporting events. Most live streaming sites require a minimum balance before you can access the service, but this shouldn’t be an issue for those who have already made a deposit and are expecting to bet anyway.
Available Payment Methods
There are many different payment methods that you can use to deposit or withdraw money from gambling sites. These include Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards, bank transfers, and Vouchers. Bank transfers usually take three days to process, but most betting sites allow you to withdraw with the same method you used to deposit money.
One of the advantages of having an online gambling market based in South Africa is that it is tied to the local currency. South Africans can bet using Rand (ZAR), and most sites offer this service. However, when punters use illegal international sites, they must convert their money before placing bets. This can be expensive, so it’s best to stick with local sites that offer free conversions.
Instant Withdrawal Betting Sites in South Africa
Thanks to the information provided by the NGB South Africa, we know that gambling has been legal in the country since 1994. The NGB strongly recommends using one of these licensed operators for you to enjoy quick and fast payouts.
- Playa Bets
Leading Sports Betting Sites in South Africa
The popularity of sports betting in the country is unrivaled. The fact that the country itself is known for its extensive repertoire of sports, and that many people bet on games to pass the time, makes it one of the most popular types of gambling in the world. Here are some of the most popular sports to bet on:
- In South Africa, football is the most popular sport to play, and fans love to watch it. The country hosted the FIFA World Cup in 2010, and since then gambling on the sport has increased. Now all sites offer extensive coverage of the national team from South Africa called Bafana Bafana.
- Cricket is a popular sport in South Africa and the country frequently competes in the Cricket World Cup. Punters are often interested in betting on these matches, which can only be accessed through specific websites if you’re not interested in betting on the national team.
- Rugby is one of the most popular sports in South Africa, and for good reason. The national rugby team is consistently one of the best teams in the world, and many people follow the sport. All betting sites offer extensive coverage of rugby at an international level, so punters can bet on teams from other countries as well as ones in their own country.
- Tennis is a popular sport in the United States, but it doesn’t enjoy the same level of popularity as other sports. Many people love watching fast-paced matches and there is always extensive coverage of major tournaments such as the US Open and Wimbledon.
- Boxing and mixed martial arts are sports that are relatively new, but the betting market behind them has grown. They are popular in South Africa, but not as popular overseas, so most betting markets focus on international events. But if you’re interested, you can follow along with UFC or other popular tournaments or watch live streams of events.
It is against the law for anyone in South Africa to gamble on online casinos. This means that there are no legal support services should anything go wrong with an offshore betting site. However, there are still a number of betting sites that offer casino services to punters.
Mobile Bets South Africa
Mobile betting is becoming increasingly popular, and it’s almost as famous as betting on a desktop site. Punters can access their favorite online betting sites from the comfort of their smartphones or tablets with apps that work for both Apple and Android devices. These apps contain all of the content and options that can be found on the main site, but in an easier-to-use format for small screens. This allows punters the convenience of betting wherever and whenever they want
Gambling Legislation and Laws
The government of South Africa legalized gambling in 1996, when the National Gambling Board (NGB) was created. The NGB has the responsibility of regulating gambling within the country and also allows certain rights to be granted to provinces, who can then grant licenses to operate within their boundaries.
The law forbids online gambling services based outside of the country to offer their services to South Africans, but they are allowed to offer their services within the country.
Facts about betting in South Africa.
- The first casino in South Africa was built in 1974. In that year, there were only 3 casinos in the country. Now, South Africa has 38 casinos.
- The company is expecting to generate more than R30 billion in revenue in 2019.
- South Africa has a large gambling market, which makes it one of the most important countries in Africa.
- Casinos represent 72% of the total revenue generated by the gaming industry.
- Even though casinos generate more money than lotteries, many people prefer to gamble with lottery tickets.
- The government loses over R140 million every year due to illegal gambling.
A relatively small number of South Africans bet on sports, although the number of people using online gambling platforms is increasing. Mobile apps have made it easier for people to place bets and have played an important role in this growth.
Is there a tax on South African players’ winnings?
The situation depends on your occupation. If you are considered a professional gambler, and have no other means of income that can be taxed, this is considered your occupation and you would be taxed just like any other job.
Is online gambling in South Africa legal?
Sports betting is legal, while casinos are considered to be illegal. You can take full advantage of a South Africa-based bookmaker that has received a license from one of the states within the country, but only if you don’t play at an overseas or unlicensed site.
Are there any betting restrictions for South African players?
Yes, it is illegal to bet on online casinos – they offer only sports betting. However, online casinos are still advertising and offering their services in South Africa, so if you really want to bet on them, it’s possible; just don’t do it illegally.
What are the best betting apps for South Africa?
There is no one betting app that is better than others. The best sites are personal choices based on the layout of the site, and the variety in sports available. However, punters should always check for certain things when choosing a site. First, a site should be registered to a state within South Africa, so it’s legal to play on. Second, more significant sites tend to have a wider variety of sports available to bet on, as well as better promotions and betting options. Thirdly, these things should be taken into consideration but ultimately it depends on what an individual user prefers in terms of the design and layout of their betting app.”
Is betting on foreign websites safe?
As South Africans, we are not allowed to bet online using foreign websites. These are illegal and should be avoided. Even though some might be highly reputable, it is still recommended that you stay away from them.