Allowed Betting Sites in Russia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Netherlands
- Allowed Betting Sites in Germany
- Allowed Betting Sites in the USA
- Allowed Betting Sites in Australia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Canada
- Allowed Betting Sites in Austria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Finland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Greece
- Allowed Betting Sites in France
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kenya
- Allowed Betting Sites in India
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ireland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Norway
- Allowed Betting Sites in Romania
- Allowed Betting Sites in New Zealand
- Allowed Betting Sites in Portugal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Nigeria
- Allowed Betting Sites in Italy
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Africa
- Allowed Betting Sites in Sweden
- Allowed Betting Sites in Switzerland
- Allowed Betting Sites in China
- Allowed Betting Sites in Singapore
- Allowed Betting Sites in Turkey
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mexico
- Allowed Betting Sites in Brazil
- Allowed Betting Sites in Peru
- Allowed Betting Sites in the Philippines
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ghana
- Allowed Betting Sites in Zambia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cameroon
- Allowed Betting Sites in Indonesia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hong Kong
- Allowed Betting Sites in Hungary
- Allowed Betting Sites in Iceland
- Allowed Betting Sites in Bangladesh
- Allowed Betting Sites in Cambodia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Israel
- Allowed Betting Sites in Colombia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belarus
- Allowed Betting Sites in Belgium
- Allowed Betting Sites in Jamaica
- Allowed Betting Sites in Japan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Estonia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Chile
- Allowed Betting Sites in Egypt
- Allowed Betting Sites in Kazakhstan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Latvia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ethiopia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Ecuador
- Allowed Betting Sites in Malaysia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Czech Republic
- Allowed Betting Sites in Moldova
- Allowed Betting Sites in Croatia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Morocco
- Allowed Betting Sites in Mozambique
- Allowed Betting Sites in Pakistan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Saudi Arabia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Senegal
- Allowed Betting Sites in Serbia
- Allowed Betting Sites in South Korea
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovakia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Slovenia
- Allowed Betting Sites in Taiwan
- Allowed Betting Sites in Thailand
- Allowed Betting Sites in UAE
- Allowed Betting Sites in Venezuela
- Allowed Betting Sites in Vietnam
Take a look at our table of top Russian gambling sites.
It’s a shame that Russian betting has ended up as it has. Sure, if you enjoy sports betting, then many options are available. In the future, we hope that Russia will relax restrictions on gambling-related activities over the coming years, perhaps switching to a European model where all forms of online gambling can be regulated. While we wait for new Russian gambling sites to open, we recommend that Russian gamblers stick to the licensed sites that are currently available in the country.
The best online betting sites in Russia
Bookmakers operate in Russia, and several domestic chains of physical betting shops are successful. Online sports betting is allowed in Russia and has a regulatory framework in place since 2016. Online casino gambling is prohibited at this time.
Pin-up.bet is a Russian online gambling site that strictly follows its license rules and offers only sports betting on its website.
|100% up to €130 Bonus|
1xBet is a Russian gambling site that holds a license from the Russian Government and is regulated by Curacao, giving it credibility outside of Russia.
Melbet is a Russian operator that offers some of the best odds on the market. During the first years of online sports betting in Russia, only domestic companies were allowed to apply for a license.
Bonuses from Russian Bookmakers
There are no deposit match bonuses offered by Russian online sportsbooks, but all other types of bonuses, including rollover bonuses, are quite common. The size of these offers varies greatly: from small rollover amounts with very low minimum odds requirements to large rollover amounts with very high minimum odds requirements. These offers change frequently because they depend on the strength of competition between Russian online bookmakers.
Russian Bookmakers Comparison
All Russian online betting sites are required to be members of one of two organizations – the First SRO and the Bookmakers SRO. The First SRO has more members, but the Bookmakers SRO corrected many of its predecessor’s mistakes, including those made in expanding too quickly. For example, many of the larger sportsbook sites such as Fonbet are members of the Bookmakers SRO.
- Live Streaming
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports
- Bet Builder
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Betting
- Live Betting
- Live Casino
- Live Streaming
- Virtual Sports
The early days of online bookmaking were marked by fierce competition between two similar organizations. Neither achieved dominance, and the market ultimately settled into an unusual position with two regulators. The licensed online bookmakers compete fiercely with each other, but they also collaborate to set odds between themselves in an attempt to create a monopoly.
Betting features and Options in the Russian Bookmakers
Cash-out early gives you the option to change your mind about a bet you have made with no loss of winnings. Suppose you have combined four different selections into a single wager, but you decide to gamble your accumulated winnings on one of the selections, rather than on all four. In that case, an early cash-out allows you to do just this.
Bet Builder allows you to combine multiple selections into one wager. You can mix and match pre-match and in-play bets, as well as different sports; the odds for each selection will be multiplied together to give an overall price.
1xBet is one of the best in-play betting platforms in Russia. It has many live streams and a great user interface that allows you to make decisions quickly.
For those who wish to participate in in-play gambling on football, tennis, ice hockey and other sports, live streaming is an essential part of the experience. Minute-by-minute updates can be used in place of live streaming if it is not available.
Available Payment Methods
To deposit and withdraw funds, you will need to sign up for a TSUPIS. You can go there in person, or you can sign up online.
Once you’ve finished this, you can choose from the following options:
Leading Sports for Betting in the Russian Federation
- Russian men are obsessed with the world’s most popular sport – football. In Russia, more than half of all sports bets are made on various soccer markets. The Russian Premier League consists of 16 teams and is considered one of the most competitive leagues in Europe.
- Russian players are frequently scouted by the Canadian and United States Ice Hockey leagues. Ice Hockey is a traditional Russian sport.
- Volleyball seems to be very popular in this part of the world. The men’s national volleyball team from Russia has won more world cups, world championships, and European championships than any other Russian team since 2021.
- Basketball has been around in Russia for a long time. It was played at the highest level during the post-Soviet era. But it has fallen out of favour with sports bettors and is currently the fourth most popular sport in Russia.
- The popularity of tennis among Russians is attributable to the success of many Russian players, including Maria Sharapova. Many players from Russia currently occupy spots in the World Tennis Association’s list of the top players.
- Russia’s e-sports market is relatively new, but it is growing rapidly. Some of the top games played by Russian gamblers are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Starcraft II, Rainbow Six Siege, and FIFA Soccer.
Because of the risks associated with engaging in illegal online casino gambling in Russia, we do not recommend participating in this activity unless you know what you are doing. If you choose to participate in online gambling, we highly recommend visiting one of the four dedicated Russian gambling zones or taking the risk of playing at an offshore online casino instead.
Mobile Betting in Russia
Some Russian betting sites do not offer dedicated mobile apps. Still, you can place mobile sports bets using the responsive websites of 1xBet, FonBet and WinLine. The quality of these apps varies significantly from one site to another.
Players prefer the iOS and Android applications to the site. They offer many of the same features, but in a more modern format. The iOS app offers live streaming, in-play betting and full access to support. The Android app has not been updated for some time.
WinLine offers great apps for both iOS and Android. The only drawback is that some features aren’t available on the website, but they’re still quite good.
Gambling Legislation and Laws
Gambling is permitted in four “Subject Areas” in Russia:
- Located in Altai Krai, Russia, the Altai Palace is a multi-use entertainment complex. The site’s casino features slot machines, table games, and poker tables. The four-star hotel offers rooms with cable TV and Internet access. There are restaurants and bars onsite, including one dedicated to billiards. A gym and a sauna are also available for guests’ use.
- The Krasnodar Krai is located in the South-West of Russia, and it is now known as “Sochi”. There are two casinos in Sochi: the first is located in the city center, and the second is at the racetrack.
- The Sobranie Casino in Kaliningrad Oblast features just one slot machine and no table games, but it does have electronic roulette games and 14 live gaming tables offering a mixture of blackjack, roulette and poker.
- The Russian gambling landscape is dominated by the city of Vladivostok, known as Primorsky Krai. The local government hopes that this area will become a casino resort on the same level as Las Vegas or Macau. Several casinos have already been built or are nearing completion, but revenues are currently very low.
- The territory of Crimea is being considered for a fifth Russian gambling zone. Crimea was annexed by Russia in 2014, and the plans for a new gambling zone were approved in 2019. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, these plans have been on hold since 2020.
Facts About Betting in Russia
- Poker is wildly popular in Russia. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russians were eager to learn about Western culture and their interest in poker grew rapidly.
- In 2018, the Russian telecommunications regulator Roskomnadzor added 130,000 international gambling-related domains to a nationwide blacklist.
- When the majority of Russian citizens were banned from gambling in casinos, many people lost their jobs.
- Bet365, William Hill and Betsson all allow Russian players to place bets on sports; however, they keep them from accessing their online casino pages.
- Online gaming services will begin to be offered in the four “Subject Areas” of Russia, an attempt to stop Russians from gambling with offshore online casinos.
- There are more than fifteen licensed Russian online betting sites, all of which are regulated by two competing self-regulatory organizations. The regulators are the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Communications, Information Technologies and Mass Media (Rospotrebnadzor) and the Gaming Control Service.
Russians love to bet on soccer. However, they don’t love the fact that they need to travel to one of the four designated gambling zones to play casino games. Still, Russians enjoy risky bets more than those in other countries. Russians place a lot more bets at higher odds than other gamblers, suggesting that the thrill of a big win appeals to Russian gamblers.
Is online betting legal in Russia?
In 2009, the Russian government made gambling illegal in all areas except four specific zones. However, offshore gambling was still permitted by some Russian companies. The law as it stood did not cover online gambling. Most of the large online gaming brands were happy to offer their services to Russian gamblers anyway.
Are there any taxes on Russian players’ winnings?
For ten years, Russian gamblers had to pay taxes when they won over 15,000 rubles. But in 2017, the law was changed so that Russian gamblers now receive their winnings in full. Gambling winnings are still subject to tax, but it is now up to individual gamblers to calculate the tax they owe.
Can I open an account and play in RUB?
If you choose to play at an offshore site, you will need to register with a centralized payment processing hub before you can make any bets. And if you’re looking for Russian sportsbooks, you may want to register with one of these companies. They allow players to make bets in Rubles as well as other currencies.
Are there any restrictions on Russian players betting?
As detailed above, it is illegal to gamble online unless you choose to play via the state-controlled monopoly and licensed bookmakers.
What is the best foreign betting site that accepts players from Russia?
As a result of restrictions imposed by Roskomnadzor, most foreign gambling sites are blocked inside Russia. However, Bet365.ru, 888sport and William Hill offer sports betting to Russian citizens, as do Betsson and Pinnacle.
Why does Russia ban online casinos?
Russia’s government decided to ban gambling on the internet because it felt that a regulated land-based casino industry could not support the demand for online gambling. However, Europe has shown that it is possible to regulate online casinos without hurting its land-based sectors. Despite these efforts, people still gamble online; nothing can change that fact.